Our international News broadcaster client is looking for an Avid-skilled Video Editor for a permanent shift-based role. Reporting to the Video Editing Manager, the role involves editing various fast-turn-a-round sequences from the news teams in London , including special productions.
- Provide fast turnaround editing of daily output, PKG's, OOV's and SOT's to broadcast standards
- Co-ordinate with editorial, newsgathering and production departments to enable successful delivery of newsroom output and external packages.
- Provide feedback and recommendation to producers to ensure best quality sequences.
- To maintain and develop operational and technical standards, ensuring compliance to Ofcom specifications.
- Detailed handover of changes and updates to the Edit team and ensuring that all team members are properly briefed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience in Broadcast Television.
- Be fluent in English and Farsi language skills would be a real plus.
- Extensive experience in Avid Media Composer and Interplay is highly desirable.
- Experience with other editing platforms i.e Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and on one’s own initiative, often to tight deadlines.
- Can look at existing situations and problems and solve and/or develop them.
- Highly effective team player, able to build and maintain working relationships with a range of people. Ability to maintain collaborative working through appropriate delegation of tasks.
- Strong team player.
- Be available for 24/7 shift pattern.