Video Editor - Producer Support
Our international news client requires a Video Editor/Producer who will report to the Video Editing Manager, as a key part of their content production team.
You will be expected to edit a wide range of fast-turn-a-round sequences in Farsi, Dari, Pashto and English from our news and sports producers.
You will also be required to quality check and deliver packages and other material created by our newsgathering, planning and programme teams including special productions.
The ability to oversee and support producers, some of whom may be inexperienced, is a vital requirement for this position as is ensuring in-house workflows and editorial standards are adhered to.
- Provide fast turnaround quality editing of daily output, PKGs, OOVs and SOTs to broadcast standards.
- Co-ordinate with editorial, newsgathering and production departments to enable successful delivery of newsroom output and packages produced in the field.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to producers to ensure best quality sequences are delivered.
- To maintain and develop operational and technical standards.
- Detailed handover of changes and updates to the Edit team and ensuring that all team members are properly briefed.
- To undertake any other appropriate duties requested by our newsroom and newsgathering and approved by the Video Editing Manager.
- Extensive experience in Adobe Premiere, Mimir and Dina is highly desirable.
- Experience in News editing
- Experience with other editing platforms including After Effects and Audition.
- Ability to work under pressure and on one’s own initiative, often to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Evaluate any situations or issues and solve and/or develop strategies to resolve them.
- Highly effective team player, able to build and maintain working relationships with a range of people including our Creative, Newsroom, Newsgathering, Programme and Digital teams. Ability to maintain collaborative working through appropriate delegation of tasks.
- Strong team player.
- Be available for 24/7 shift pattern.
- An understanding of company Editorial Policy and Business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience in Broadcast Television.
- Fluency in Farsi and English is required.