We are looking for a Technical Project Manager with extensive experience in successful delivery of sophisticated compression systems and related technologies including IP in the broadcast environment.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Technical Project Management
- Builds a schedule and maps project work to define output-based project achievements.
- Builds and supervises progress, taking into account dependencies and milestones.
- Applies resource estimates and profiles to the schedule, establishing/managing critical paths.
- Checks if all project activities are completed, measuring and reporting progress against the schedule.
- Is skilled at the definition of project risks, assumptions and issues.
- Works optimally in situations which are uncertain or ambiguous. Can easily move from one task to the other as required.
- Responds quickly to changing priorities.
- Technical design
- Build, contribute, review and audit technical design for distribution compression systems and associated systems, taking account of resilience, operational and disaster recovery requirements.
- Establish detailed technical requirements from customer business requirements.
- Detail technical designs.
Technical Knowledge and expertise
- Detailed technical knowledge and domain expertise.
- Fully conversant with the latest broadcast standards and their application and real world implementation in broadcast and compressions system environments.
- Detail understanding of equipment configuration, set-up and commissioning.
- Keep abreast of industry developments and be fully across emerging technical standards.
- Go to person in the team for technical standards.
- System reconfiguration - Undertake hands-on reconfiguration, updates and changes to live systems in a controlled structured and methodical way.
- Create change requests and change plan for all work undertaken.
- Minimise risk to transmission.
- Hands-on technical implementation of upgrades, new build, refresh and event based projects within the distribution space.
- Relationship Management - Acts in the best interests of the customer, identifying and meeting actual needs. Takes every customer complaint, problem or desire seriously and takes appropriate action.
- Sources information regarding relevant trends and ‘outstanding’ practices. Builds trust and presents the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner.
- Works to a high level of personal and professional ethics.
- Clearly indicates own standpoint, effectively managing the expectations of others. Contributes to effective communication and cooperation in a stable team.
- Considers the interests and viewpoints of team members, sharing relevant information and prioritizing the common goal.
- Co-operates effectively with customers and internal team members.
What we Offer:
- Attractive salary
- 25 days of Annual leave + an option to purchase more through our Flexible Benefits
- Flex benefits system – exciting opportunity to choose your own benefits
- Retail discounts
- Pension - matching contribution up to 10%
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Enrolment in our Share scheme - subject to scheme eligibility criteria
- Unlimited opportunities to learn in our Training platforms