Our global Media and Telecommunications client is looking for a Monitoring Engineer to join the team.
The main function of a Monitoring Engineer is to perform a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of monitoring hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment, providing investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of monitoring, hardware, software and infrastructure.
• You'll be responsible for the operation and optimization of existing IT monitoring solutions
• You'll be actively involved in the (further) development of dashboards, reports, and alarms
• You'll also develop monitoring scripts
• You'll take an active part in projects - from the request to the start of operations
• By documenting systems, interfaces and business processes, you'll make a central contribution to compliance with monitoring requirements
• You'll support the incident management team
• You'll take care of the continuous monitoring and evaluation of the market with regard to modern monitoring solutions
• You've a university degree in computer science/business informatics or a comparable education and can demonstrate at least 5-6 years of relevant professional experience
• You use your comprehensive knowledge of various monitoring technologies (Splunk, OpsView, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Elastic, Grafana) and your broad IT knowledge skillfully
• You've strong analytical and conceptual skills as well as structured working methods
• Ideally, you've ITIL process knowledge and practical experience with ITSM tools
• International project work should not be missing in your daily work routine
• Your strong sense of responsibility and your social competence are among your strengths - as well as your self-motivation
• You describe your English skills as good