Senior Technical Project Manager
Extensive experience in successful delivery of complex compression systems and related technologies including IP in the broadcast environment.
Technical Project Management:-
• Creates a schedule and maps project deliverables to define output-based project milestones.
• Creates and tracks progress, taking into account dependencies and milestones.
• Applies resource estimates and profiles to the schedule, establishing/managing critical paths.
• Checks if all project activities are completed, measuring and reporting progress against the schedule.
• Is skilled at the definition of project risks, assumptions and issues.
• Works effectively in situations which are uncertain or ambiguous.
• Can easily move from one task to the other as required. Responds quickly to changing priorities.
• Create, contribute, review and audit technical design for distribution compression systems and associated systems, taking account of resilience, operational and disaster recovery requirements.
• Establish detailed technical requirements from customer business requirements. Document technical designs.
Technical Knowledge and expertise:-
• Detailed technical knowledge and domain expertise.
• Fully conversant with the latest broadcast standards and their application and real world implementation in broadcast and compressions system environments.
• Detail understanding of equipment configuration, set-up and commissioning.
• Keep abreast of industry developments and be fully across emerging technical standards.
• Go to person in the team for technical standards.
• Undertake hands-on reconfiguration, updates and changes to live systems in a controlled structured and methodical way.
• Create change requests and change plan for all work undertaken. Minimise risk to transmission.
• Hands-on technical implementation of upgrades, new build, refresh and event based projects within the distribution space.
• Acts in the best interests of the customer, identifying and meeting actual needs.
• Takes every customer complaint, problem or desire seriously and takes appropriate action.
• Sources information regarding relevant trends and best in class practices.
• Builds trust and presents the truth in an appropriate and helpful manner.
• Works to a high level of personal and professional ethics. Clearly indicates own standpoint, effectively managing the expectations of others.
• Contributes to effective communication and cooperation in a stable team.
• Considers the interests and viewpoints of team members, sharing relevant information and prioritising the common goal.
Co-operates effectively with customers and internal team members.