Senior PR Manager UK Portfolio
Our high profile, global leader, Broadcaster, requires a Senior PR Manager on a contract basis must have proven experience managing consumer PR for a UK broadcaster or for a high-profile consumer brand.
Reports to Senior Marketing & Communications Director UK
Based: West London – hybrid - 2 days per week onsite
Term: Freelance Contract - 6 months (initially)
Reporting into the Snr Marcomms Director UK and working alongside the Senior Marketing Managers; the Senior PR Manager is responsible for setting the PR strategy (consumer) for all key marketing promotables which appear on across the company ecosystem.
This role has 2 direct reports both PR Managers who are supported by a PR Executive and an intern. This role will work closely with the broader Marcomms team and Digital & Social teams to ensure an activity is aligned for all titles and franchises, contributing to, and maximising audiences, and boosting subscriber acquisition and building brand fame. They also lead on the relationship with the UK channel’s talent, working directly with their reps to negotiate access, and agree and oversee all promotional activity.
- Informed by the broader marketing plan; deliver a communications strategy and ambitious PR campaigns for all strategic priorities across the portfolio.
- Work in lock step with the other marketing functions to ensure consistency across all touchpoints and maximise upper funnel awareness.
- Allocate time and resources effectively in accordance with the key priorities.
- Strong project management skills- must be able to deliver time and on budget.
- Manage talent (mostly local but also international) and their representatives in relation to publicity for their shows.
- Negotiate access, maximise coverage opportunities and agree and oversee all promotional activity.
- Oversee press office function including on call response to media enquiries, devising Q&A’s, arranging interviews and briefing spokespeople.
- Manage the team who execute campaigns and promotional materials including PI, highlights, previews, clips, images.
- Monitor and exploit news agenda to maintain ongoing news generation.
- Work closely with the Senior Marketing Team to ensure a fully aligned approach to integrated campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with the wider channel and UK team (Planning, Research, Editorial) to ensure PR is aligned with wider business objectives and brand strategies.
- Manage allocated PR budget across the portfolio.
- Work with the Picture Desk to manage shoots, key art and photography.
- Manage Press Events and Junkets, and sometimes network and/or launch events.
- Provide post campaign analysis and quarterly reports for key campaigns.
- Form excellent working relationships with press and advocates.
- Stakeholder management across a complex matrix structure.
- Input into brand presentations to support business objectives e.g., affiliate negotiations/Channel Head presentations
- Work with international colleagues on global priorities and feed into the complex workflows (Global, Central, EMEA)
- Lead on any consumer crisis comms - spot, raise and escalate any issues that may be a risk to the business and ensure a close working relationship with Corporate Comms on any Trade matters.
- End to end agency management
- Staffing - recruitment as and when, spotting any crunch points when extra resource or expertise will be needed in the form of freelancers/agencies.
- Proven experience managing consumer PR for a UK broadcaster or for a high-profile consumer brand.
- Experience in managing a PR team in a complex matrix structure.
- Demonstration of creative and strategic thinking, with experience delivering high-profile, effective, and creative PR campaigns
- Experience of managing both talent and their representatives.
- The ability to manage multi projects without losing sight of the broader marketing objectives.
- Event planning and management experience
- Insatiable appetite for entertainment TV and in-depth knowledge of media
- Understanding of complex/international media businesses with multiple stakeholders and priorities
- Adaptable, supportive, team-player who is articulate, informed, and tenacious
- Excellent personal and written communication skills