Progressive global broadcaster client requires a Project Engineer.
As a Project Engineer you will be responsible for providing the technical expertise to bring a variety of projects from Design through to fully supported Operation. Projects will range over the whole of the Broadcast infrastructure from Content Production, through Post-Production and Transmission, to the various linear and non-linear delivery platforms.
Specifically this involves:
• Implementing broadcast technical solutions and integrating with existing systems on the broadcast platform.
• Working to a design provided by others, or in producing a design for technical elements of a project or integration.
• Engaging with the relevant Support and Operational teams at the earliest sensible stage of the project to enable the system to go live in a fully supported and operational state.
• Maintain an effective communication system with key stakeholders and Project team members and ensure that an effective and regular communication structure exists.
• Update and produce high quality documentation detailing the technical architecture and connectivity for the project, including system drawings and detailed cabling documentation.
• Strong understanding of technical elements of broadcast television – encompassing both current requirements and emerging technologies with a knowledge of MPEG/DVB standards, IP, Production, Studio, Video, Audio and control systems.
• A high level of attention to detail and quality, whether designing a technical element of a project, implementing a design, or drawing / reviewing technical schematics or other documentation.
• Excellent application of experience to technical challenges, both for fault finding during system implementation and testing, and for devising design changes to existing broadcast implementations.
• Competent with broadcast technical testing equipment, and Autocad for technical schematic drawing.
• A good understanding of IT and Networking for fault finding and to assist in resolving issues.
Hybrid working with a mix of on-site at West London and home working.
This role is inside IR35