Desk Editor - News
This is initially a one year fixed term contract role with benefits
Our international media client’s news-gathering team work are looking for an experienced Desk Editor.
The team commission news and current affairs stories as well as special series with original journalism from a vast network of staff and freelance correspondent teams in London and across Europe. These stories may be planned in advance or assigned for immediate, on-the-day use on the company 24-hour broadcast output and/or digital platforms.
- Monitor wires, social media and other broadcast networks for breaking stories and news developments, and confirm facts - utilizing agencies, official and other sources
- Assign correspondents and field camera operators to cover breaking news and developing stories for TV and online platforms
- Work closely with Desks in other territories to coordinate daily news coverage
- Work as required on forward planning to generate original, agenda-setting journalism across Europe, with special focus on Central and Eastern Europe
- Compile editorial and logistical information and distribute daily coverage plans to field crews, show producers and others
- Coordinate closely with satellite operations editors.
- With at least five years of experience in a similar role in an international newsroom, you will have strong editorial and logistical skills, with good knowledge of business news and global current affairs.
- Be familiar with various government agencies in the UK and Europe
- Demonstrate experience of live newsgathering technology and transmission facilities
- Have a strong ability to prioritize and multi-task in breaking news scenarios
- A creative flair to deliver original newsgathering
Salary on request