Live Commentary Coordinator
Our global media company client is looking for a Commentary Coordinator for live sports events
This role is responsible for following agreed procedures, meeting client expectations, and ensuring that the Live Commentary requirements are adhered to during live broadcasts and productions
The role involves providing direction to Audio Engineers, MCR, Ingest and Live Operators about Commentary needs as well escalating technical issues in region or the local facility to the appropriate teams.
The Live Commentary Coordinator is the main point of contact before and during a live broadcast for Production, TX and MCR and provides information and guidance and will have administrative responsibilities such as checking the resource scheduling tool in advance as well as entering information in work orders where applicable.
The role is also responsible for ensuring pre – live checks and line ups with commentators are executed according to standard operational procedures.
- Establish and maintain relationships with commentators and planners in territory and in-house
- Escalate and help solve any technical issues that might arise during line-up by engaging with the appropriate technical departments
- Execute correct procedure for the live broadcast / voiced recordings in cooperation with Live Team, Ingest MCR Operators, Live TX Operators, and Engineering
- Liaise with MCR Operators, Live Technical Operators, and Engineering, as well as Production during a live broadcast / commentated event
- Fulfil external client requirements, such as commentator inductions to the facilities
- Update resource scheduling system when and as required
- Report issues for follow-up and provide any external reports required for the events
- Maintain a high level of reliability on live broadcasts and continuously keep skills honed and up to date with business needs
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a live broadcast environment, preferably with some production or playout experience
- Well-developed communication skills & diplomatic and calm
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Good IT skills and experience of scheduling systems
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Flexibility and adaptability to different demands of the business
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Strong team player
- An interest in sports is beneficial