Interview Producer - Job Description
Our international news client, based in West London, is looking for an experienced Interview Producer.
The production team produces and outputs European News and Business News content and produces special coverage segments for the global network fed. They also create one off special contributions as needed, pitch and develop special segments, and plan and produce set-piece coverage for important events and summits. Additionally, they contribute to the European digital content, in the form of special programmes, convergence content and editorial/technical support for the digital team.
- Manage and co-ordinate guests for daily business news coverage and breaking news, working to the Executive Producer
- Pitch stories and select guests to add value to segments, working with a team of senior producers, input editors, writers, and reporters.
- Research and prepare briefings on guests for producers and talent.
- Prove to be a self-starter in managing all logistics for guests from start to finish, while working in an effective team environment
- Expand contacts database covering a variety of business expertise.
- Have a clear understanding of how social media is used to cover and influence news events.
- Thrive under pressure, especially in a “start-up” broadcast centre environment.
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse staff
On occasion you may be asked to help in other areas including Broadcast production and Digital where duties include but are not limited to:
- Pitch and produce original and distinctive stories.
- Originate and execute innovative, creative, engaging, and accurate content and segments for broadcast and distribution across digital platforms for a global audience.
- Write accurate, compelling, and concise news scripts and other written material for broadcast and digital platforms while adhering to editorial policies and style guide.
- Edit the work of others, improve copy and content and be part of a strict approvals process.
- Build run-downs and line produce live and pre-recorded news programmes from gallery directing technical staff, presenters, reporters, and producers.
- Regularly represent news at the daily and weekly Europe editorial meetings.
- Originate and commission graphics and other creative content.
- Undertake all aspects of daily and long-term planning in consultation with the programme and newsgathering teams and with other company production centres
- 5 + years of experience in live television preferably at an international news network
- Strong interest in business and economic matters, current affairs, and foreign events.
- Proven editorial judgement
- Demonstrated superior research skills with a wide range of business contacts in Europe