The Ingest Operator is responsible for the preparation, routing, ingesting, and monitoring of incoming feeds required for recording content for use on all platforms. Duties will also include QC’ing processing and sharing content. Preparing meta data and audio configurations. Managing bookings of Live and non-Live feeds, whilst working closely with production and other departments.
- Responsible for the QC’ing of entertainment and sports content sent from distribution or recorded internally.
- Ensuring all ingested material is ingested in a timely fashion.
- Escalating to relevant departments when material fails QC by not adhering to broadcast standards.
- Managing the transfer of recorded assets to Cloud and Archive.
- Routing sources for recordings using BNCS panel.
- Following ‘Fast Track’ workflows to allow assets to be made ready for broadcast quickly.
- Preparing scheduled recordings into cloud recording system including production feeds.
- Adding critical metadata for recorded feeds for Archive and edit management.
- Monitoring live playlists across multiple territories, making sure scheduled events are running on time and amending bookings and recordings when changes to schedules are made.
- Preparing live playback to transmission, Cloud or MCR (for further distribution).
- Running searches in scheduling software to ensure requests are up to date and accurate whilst liaising with territories if any booking discrepancies occur.
- Tracking and updating new localised events using Box.
- Prioritizing ingest requests from Schedulers and Sports Coordinators.
- Coordination with the Preview and edit teams to confirm assets have been ‘made ready’.
- Coordinate with MCR to assign decoders for scheduled feeds
- Close interaction with the Sports Coordinators department to achieve the same goal of processing requests to air.
- Submitting daily shift handovers including errors and / or discrepancies etc.
- Knowledge of television terminology
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a broadcast environment.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of video / audio equalization equipment including waveform, vector scopes
- The ability to effectively prioritize requests
- Ability to work unsupervised and remain proactive
- Ability to work and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent people and interpersonal skills, good team player
- Excellent communication skills
- High levels of initiative, motivation, and time management
- Ability to deal with and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Prepared to operate in a fast paced, high pressure and deadline driven environment
- Ability to work a shift pattern roster including weekends and night shift