The Broadcast Operations team of our international news client exists to support the editorial vision of the company. The Graphics Operator is one of a number of roles across studio and post-production with the goal to provide first class service and support in fulfilling the editorial remit of the network.
The successful candidate in the Graphics Operator role will be responsible for graphics playout in a live & recorded news studio environment and work on a shift basis. Experience with real-time graphics playout (Maestro or Viz ideally) in a news or similar environment required,
- Be responsible for all real time graphics playout for all live and recorded programmes.
- Effectively use various technologies, primarily Avid Maestro to playout real-time graphics and AR elements from concept to implementation.
- Ensure all work is quality checked prior to playout.
- Assist in troubleshooting systems, including critical on-air products.
- Build effective relationships across all teams.
- Work with Creative to build executable project timelines for new real time graphics scenes.
- Be prepared to work varied shift hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse staff.
Fluent in English - written and oral.
Extensive experience as a Graphics Operator and be a credible reference point for others
Be used to the pressure of working in a live, preferably news, environment.
Be a support for your line manager understanding the company vision and strategic goals and how you and your team can contribute to making these happen.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience with real-time graphics playout (Maestro or Viz preferred), preferably in a news environment
- A good knowledge of international news
- Candidates should be intelligent, enthusiastic and inquisitive and be comfortable working in a high-pressure live broadcast environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time-management
- Ability to problem solve effectively under pressure
- Candidates should also be comfortable in client facing situations
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Confident and resourceful
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of international news and key political figures
- Fluent in another foreign language
- Experience of other roles in the gallery