An exciting opportunity for a Web Developer (Full Stack) to work within a high profile News Platform team.
You'll need the ability to multi-task and work effectively both on your own and as part of a team in a time sensitive and dynamic environment. It is essential that you have an eye for detail, ship reliable, scalable, efficient code and deliver high quality projects within deadlines.
As a member of the Platforms Solutions team, you will be responsible for prototyping and developing innovative solutions using lean methodology techniques and TDD.
- Create extremely well-crafted front-end web applications using React.js and Redux
- Build new products and improve existing ones in collaboration with other developers and teams to create and deliver creative end-to-end solutions
- Take technical ownership of one or more applications in terms of code, technical docs, supportability, monitoring and governance
- Write resilient code that will be continuously tested, deployed and performed at scale
- Be responsible for ensuring our website is highly performant, resilient and secure
- Help the team choose the best solution and technologies for the task in hand and contribute to the technical direction of the team
- TDD approach to writing software (Mocha/CircleCi)
- Good experience with back-end technologies
- Proficiency with Node.js and package managers (npm, webpack, babel)
- Experience with NoSQL, MongoDB
- Working experience with Git
- Analyse & solve problems across the stack
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment
- Clear communication skills and team player striving for continuous improvement of and within the team
£435 per day to candidates Umbrella co
Remote working role