Currently not taking further applications
Ingest Operator / Media Manager
An Ingest operator / media manager required for our West London based News client.
Supporting multiple international channels on 10 hours shifts working in a Live News Playout environment you will be working closely with MCR & TC and all operational teams
Shifts are booked well up front and full training provided as necessary.
The Ingest Operator is responsible for the preparation, routing, ingesting, and monitoring of incoming feeds required for recording content for use on all platforms. Duties will also include QC’ing processing and sharing content. Preparing meta data and audio configurations. Managing bookings of Live and non-Live feeds, whilst working closely with production and other departments.
Candidates must be willing to do overnight shifts as necessary
- Responsible for the QC’ing of content sent from distribution or recorded internally.
- Ensuring all ingested material is ingested in a timely fashion.
- Escalating to relevant departments when material fails QC by not adhering to broadcast standards.
- Managing the transfer of recorded assets
- Routing sources for recordings
- Following ‘Fast Track’ workflows to allow assets to be made ready for broadcast quickly.
- Adding critical metadata for recorded feeds for Archive and edit management.
- Running searches in scheduling software to ensure requests are up to date and accurate whilst liaising with territories if any booking discrepancies occur.
- Prioritizing ingest requests
- Submitting daily shift handovers including errors and / or discrepancies etc.
- Experience in a similar role, either within a multi-channel, fully automated transmission environment or ideally in a live transmission situation.
- You will have a good operational knowledge of ingest/media management technologies
- You will be comfortable working in an informal environment where teamwork, accessibility and pragmatism are emphasized.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of video / audio equalization equipment including waveform, vector scopes
- The ability to effectively prioritize requests
- Ability to work unsupervised and remain proactive
- Ability to work and remain calm under pressure
- Excellent people and interpersonal skills, good team player
- Excellent communication skills
- High levels of initiative, motivation, and time management
- Ability to deal with and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Prepared to operate in a fast paced, high pressure and deadline driven environment
- Ability to work a shift pattern roster including weekends and night shift
Shifts are 10 hours, ranging from 08:00-18:00, 12:00-20:00 & 22:00-08:00
£270 per shift to Umbrella Inside IR35