Our West London based, international news client's, European newsgathering team is looking for a camera operator for a shift based, one year fixed term contract (initially).
We are looking for a passionate, professional operator, with a good level of experience in News related areas or in Features to join the current team.
Job requirements and objectives:
- Be an experienced ENG camera operator producing high-quality video for news and feature programming for TV and online platforms of the client, reporting to the Director of Newsgathering.
- Be proficient in editing news stories both in field and at base, often under tight time constraints.
- Be responsible for executing live shots using microwave, satellite or TVU and be familiar with streaming technologies.
- Work independently or in collaboration with correspondents, producers and technical staff.
- Have a full range of location craft and technical skills, the ability to operate current broadcast technical equipment, both on location and at base.
- Demonstrate a positive work ethic and a willingness to learn new systems and technology.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance and care of video equipment and other technology
- Be a highly-motivated team player while demonstrating individual initiative when required.
- Be prepared to work varied shift hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Excel at work within a culturally and ethnically diverse staff.
Specific requirements of candidates:
- 5 + years professional experience in the field.
- Work showreel required which demonstrates a high-level of creativity and strong lighting skills.
- Ability to work on non-linear equipment, including Final Cut Pro, Avid and Adobe.
- Strong knowledge of news and current events.
- Ability to work under pressure in the field and to consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
This is a one year fixed term contract initially. It comes with full benefits, details available on request.
Salary according to experience and ability.
Shift work is required.