Freelance Edit Assistant required for our international broadcaster client.
Avid skillset required and able to start asap.
Experience in the short form promo world is preferable but not essential
Are you also someone who has good attention to detail and can multitask and if you are comfortable navigating an After Effects project that would certainly be a bonus.
The role will predominantly be setting up projects, ingesting material and packaging and delivering Broadcast promos for Transmission.
Our West London based client is looking for this Edit Assistant to be responsible for assisting a team of creatives, producers and GFX designers on a variety of projects and technical queries. The role is essential to the delivery of promotional material for TX.
Applications only if you have good experience in Avid MC.
- Versioning/packaging promos
- Basic colour correction / grading on promos
- Edit in house reels; clips; competition promos and ad hoc material
- Digital Work – Involved in Digital growth
- Support creatives/producers with any technical requirement
- Troubleshooting issues
- Downloading material/assets that are sent externally
- Digitise/import all necessary materials into Avid
- Organise and maintain/archive assets on ISIS network storage
- Delivery of projects/assets/promos in various formats as required (QTs, MXFs, AAFs, etc)
- Encode files as necessary
- Back up and maintain rushes when necessary
- Experience in a post production environment
- Good working knowledge of non-linear editing systems
- Experienced in Avid Media Composer
- Comfortable with using Adobe After Effects
- Experienced in fixing Avid Media Composer errors
- Understanding of video production asset management
- Technically skilled
- Understanding / Knowledge of encoding software and digital formats
- Excellent organisational skills – ability to prioritise efficiently
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Problem solving