1 year fixed term contract
Monday - Friday
A great opportunity to work in the Europe hub of an international news-gathering team. Alongside teams in USA, Africa and Asia setting our News Clients editorial agenda for Europe. The team commission news and current affairs stories as well as special series with original journalism from the network of staff and freelance correspondent teams in London and across Europe. These stories may be planned in advance or assigned for immediate, on-the-day use on the 24-hour broadcast channel and digital platforms.
- Monitor wires, social media and other broadcast networks for breaking stories and news developments, and confirm facts - utilizing agencies, official and other sources
- Assign correspondents and field camera operators to cover breaking news and developing stories for TV and online platforms. Inform show producers about options for content and the progress of material being prepared for broadcast.
- Plan, research and develop coverage plans for the following day's news. Briefing teams on their assignments, including editorial, logistical information and their TV and digital tasks. Also ensuring information is handed over effectively to the team handling the next day's news.
- Research, develop and organise future story development, and work on long-range planning for special events and feature stories. You would also be expected to act up as Planning Editor when needed.
- Work closely with the other international to coordinate daily news coverage
- Coordinate closely with satellite operations editors
- Demonstrate a willingness to embrace the digital world and new technology
- Help with sundry jobs assigned to the Newsgathering team
- With at least five years of experience in a similar role in an international newsroom, you will have strong editorial and logistical skills, with good knowledge of business news and global current affairs.
- Be familiar with various government agencies in the UK and Europe
- Demonstrate experience of live newsgathering technology and transmission facilities
- Have a strong ability to prioritize and multi-task in breaking news scenarios
- A creative flair to deliver original newsgathering
Initially 1 year fixed term contract but with full benefits and the expectation of being a permanent role
Salary according to experience and potential