Our global media client are looking for a Design Engineer to join the team to contribute and bring fresh ideas to the table. You will be responsible for designing, delivering and enhancing a broad range of Broadcast Systems including Studio production facilities, Master Control Room’s (MCR’s), Playout & Transmission and Linear OTT & DTH compression systems. Broadcast Technologies is pivotal in technology innovation of these systems that support Content origination & playout, Content contribution & distribution areas and also developing their control and monitoring capabilities.
• BSc/MSc. or BEng/MEng in Engineering, electronics or a science-based field or a Media Based engineering qualification.
• In lieu of degree level qualification, will also accept experience within a broadcast engineering support or design role with a broad mix of experience with broadcast systems.
• Networking certification such as CCNA, CCNP, CCIE or equivalent etc.
• Cloud Technology certifications such as AWS, GCP, Azure certifications programmes.
• Proven understanding of Video and Audio Technologies including compression/encoding technologies.
• Sound knowledge of networking fundamentals and Ethernet based technologies. (TCP/IP, UDP, QoS etc).
• Good knowledge and experience in use of Windows/Mac OS/Linux and applications such as MS Office/Visio.
• Core skills such as attention to detail, problem solving, critical thinking and an ability to “Think outside of the box”.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present their ideas in front of colleagues from a range of business areas and backgrounds.
• Good knowledge of AutoCAD
• Knowledge of SDI over IP standards (including SMPTE2022-6/7 and ST2110) and related control mechanisms.
• Knowledge and/or experience of Cloud technology service providers.
• Scripting experience with languages such as Python, C#, Java. etc.
• Delivery of innovative, scalable, resilient and robust broadcast designs to make an impact in key systems and contributing to its ongoing success.
• Creation and maintaining of high-level design documentation
• Creation of accurate low level design and configuration documentation.
• Work with Manufacturers and colleagues on requirement gathering and new technologies to broaden your experience to deliver new functionality for our customers & audiences.