Design Director – Brand Studio (Hybrid)
Our high profile client, is a West London based media giant's in-house creative agency that supports the whole business - both the platform and the network of channels, providing creative and design solutions on-air, off-air and for convergent media covering aspects such as channel branding, programme packaging, promotions & commercials.
They are looking for an outstanding Design Director who is a passionate leader and someone who can craft and deliver stunning visuals at the highest level. You’ll work on the company's most important branding projects as well as evolving our overall brand and defining the visual identity for the business.
The Design Director will work closely with the Group Creative Director to help support and drive the vision. You will take a lead role over projects to help manage artists and deliver consistency across all areas of the production. You’ll be working from concept through to delivery whilst on the kit throughout and delivering high quality results. You’ll have expertise in C4D, Redshift and either Adobe AE or Nuke. Houdini knowledge very welcome.
- Perform at a very high standard, overseeing the design execution of projects.
- Line Manage members of the team.
- Work to fully support the Group CD in generating and developing concepts. Collaborating in referencing, idea exploration and research that answer the brief.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, mentoring, and proactive problem-solving skills.
- Plan projects efficiently, assigning responsibilities to your team and delegating work
- Provide feedback clearly to the team ensuring actions and plans are made.
- Working on the kit throughout and leading by example.
- Be a brand guardian, ensuring work conforms to campaign and brand guidelines.
- Build relationships across the business and present to senior partners.
- Lead projects both independently or with other senior members of the team, depending on the project, schedule and team
- Keep an overview of technology and software advances, strive to be up to date with the best tools and working practices for the team
- Involvement in recruitment and mentoring junior artists
Maintain and constantly push the quality of output of the department.
- Reports to the Group Creative Director.
- Help support career progress, creative, technical and personal development
- 5+ years experience working as a senior designer. Good communication skills with an outstanding design portfolio and great eye for aesthetic.
- C4D/Redshift/After effects/Nuke skills at a senior level, along with adobe creative suite skills
- The proven ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work with creative directors, production designers, producers and external partners
- Strong leadership skills, and an ability to lead projects from conception to completion
- Proven experience of managing teams of Artists and ability to mentor junior members of the team.
- Experience working with VFX teams, in both 2D and 3D.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and communicate / articulate feedback well.
- Excellent collaboration skills and a strong desire to work in a fast past European company, always looking to produce the best work across all areas.
- German and Italian fluency skills advantageous.
If you’re ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today
Fully flexible working options available
Rate is to candidates Umbrella company