Salary according to experience and reputation
Our international media client’s Europe Newsgathering team set the network’s editorial agenda and are looking for an experienced correspondent to write and deliver engaging and thought-provoking news content.
- Deliver news content across all broadcast and digital platforms working on a daily basis to the Director of Newsgathering.
- Be proficient in writing and structuring news packages in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- Deliver live reports to air with fluency and authority during periods of breaking news.
- Have a proven history of breaking stories and generating distinctive content for the daily news agenda.
- Have experience of reporting for both general and business news, and an ability to make complex issues understandable to an international audience.
- Have a track record of embracing the digital world and new technology.
- Be prepared to travel on assignment across the UK, Europe and worldwide.
- Thrive under pressure, especially in a start-up broadcast centre environment.
- Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field
- At least 6 years of experience as a broadcast and digital news Correspondent with an international media organization
- Fluency in English and at least one European language
- Extensive knowledge of current events, geopolitics and international relations, especially across and within Europe and Asia
- Proven team player who has experience of working in multicultural environments both at home and overseas
This is initially a one year fixed term contract but with long term expectations for the right candidate.