On Air Producers
This role at our Global broadcaster client is responsible for following agreed procedures, meeting client expectations, and ensuring all live programming strategies are adhered to during live broadcasts and productions.
As well as this, the responsibilities of the On-Air Producer do expand to Live Event Production for newly acquired sports.
The On Air Producer is accountable for revenue management through commercial maximisation and provides direction to Live Playout Operators on programming needs including the implementation of emergency protocol for localised and multiplatform pan regional live broadcasts.
The role acts as the main point of contact during live broadcast for OB Production, MCR, Ingest and other technology hubs, whilst supporting Playout Operators with proactive editorial judgement subject to client guidelines,
- Be part of the planning & execution of over 5000 hours of localised live events per year
- Closely liaising with technical & operations departments ensuring alignment prior to on-air
- Gathering information from Programme Planning, Production, Bookings and Network Scheduling teams, executing as planned
- Revenue management: keeping commercial inventory fully optimised and identifying further maximisation opportunities within the schedule
- Main POC for internal and external Live Programming and Production teams
- Monitoring Live Ad data feeds and ensuring smooth execution of additional betting odds GFX
- Monitoring compliance at all times and reporting possible breaches on air
- Maintain a high level of reliability on live broadcasts and continuously keep skills honed and up to date with business needs
- Involvement in growing and developing the On-Air production offering such as Live Production and Commentary Coordination
- Take on additional pre – production tasks contributing to the planning of localised and pan-regional live broadcasts
- At least 3 years’ experience within a Live environment
- Well-developed communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Good IT skills and What’s On experience or experience of a similar scheduling system.
- Ability to work well and adopt a calm approach under pressure
- Flexibility and adaptability to different demands
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Strong team player